We have started this blog to update our followers about Mason Hart. Any details that come in during our investigation will be found on this page.

We want to thank everyone for all of their love and support. It is truly overwhelming and we appreciate all of the donations and prayers for our family. We also want to thank David Tucker and Daniel Tucker for their consistent battle for answers. We want to thank Stacey Wilkins for all of her hard work during this time as well. Without all of their efforts, this search for answers would not be possible.

For those who are just tuning in, here is what we know so far about the disappearance and feared death of our sweet Mason.


The Details:

The circumstances surrounding Mason’s death are unknown (since the incident occurred while he was to be in the Bahamas alone for about two weeks.)

Here’s some of what we do know now…

  • On Tuesday, July 28th, Mason had taken the boat’s dingy across the harbor for lunch and cocktails at Snappa’s restaurant on Marsh Harbour Bahamas. Credit card receipts show a last transaction there at approximately 3:00 p.m.
  • He then went to Nippers Restaurant on Guana Cay and is final transaction was around 7:30 pm.
  • Then the following day, on July 29th, Mason’s naked body was found lifeless on the shores of Scotland Cay, Abaco Islands Bahamas.
  • The dingy which he was using has not been found. There is a$5000.00  reward for any information leading to the recovery of the boat that Mason was last seen on, which went missing from Guana Cay. Finding this boat could provide important information for the investigation.
  • None of Mason’s belongings (clothing, boat, phone, wallet, ect.) have been found.
  • Autopsy was scheduled for today, August 4, 2015.
  • The family has hired a private investigator to conduct an independent investigation in addition to the work done by Bahamian Police.

We know now that after a visit to a third resturant, Mason was seen getting into the boat with someone else.

“If we find the dingy, that’s going to be a big piece to this puzzle,” Daniel said. “Because whoever’s got that dingy has to know what happened to Mason…”


The Back Story:

After graduating from Texas Tech University, our sweet Mason set sail on a grand adventure. He was sailing the seas, truly living life to the fullest. with David Tucker. David has been Mason’s “second father” for the majority of his life. Mason and David’s son, Austin have grown up together, like brothers. After several weeks of exploring in the Bahamas, Mason’s body was found floating in the waters on Scotland Cay, Abaco.

He last spoke to family and friends on Tuesday  July 28, 2015. His body was found close to 24 hours later. The Family was notified of the article written in the Bahamas Weekly which mentioned a caucasian male found floating near where Mason had been working.